Thursday, August 30, 2007

Skeet Shooting

Multiverse had a company outing yesterday and they invited the contractors. We went skeet shooting. Skeet is old Scottish for "shoot" so really we went "Shoot-shooting". Now as a person who has never held let alone shot a gun, I was quite nervous.

We went to a shooting park out in the middle of nowhere - hard to do here in the bay - which was about an hour away. I was in a group of 4 guys and they made me go first since I was the "noob". We were shooting 50 shots at 10 different targets. (6 stations, 1-2 targets each.) I missed all of the shots at the first station and then somehow figured it out at the second. I hit one at the second station. LOL I really figured it out on the third station where I hit 6 of 8. Then I came back from way behind to finish with the top score. (of our group that is - I hit 19 of 50 - others hit in their teens as well and some in other groups hit ~30.)

See, kids - video games CAN be applied to real life sometimes. Not that I want to hold or shoot a real gun ever again...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... are you pro-gun now? Or just in video games? ;)

Robyn Diaz said...

I just can't picture you shooting a gun!

Jamie said...

Let's hope that my husband copying you ends with the buying of new big shiny computers and doesn't extend to afternoons out shooting. Actually, I've always wanted to try "shoot" shooting. Maybe I'll be the copycat this time!

spaceJASE said...

This isn't something I will be doing in the future ever again... unless someone else is paying again! Like I said, I was really nervous about holding the gun, let alone shooting it. It was scary. Guns aren't bad... people are, spaceJASE13right?

Anonymous said...

Wait a second. I thought you didn't like shooters! Does this mean we'll get to face off in Quake Wars? (If I can stomach the in-game advertising, that is.)

Miss Kerri said...

Well, sounds like you're having a little fun at work! :-)

kaan kayimoglu said...

I did that once and carried M-16 for a very long time on my shoulder.It is a very messed up feeling .

Holding it, shooting with it..and when u miss thats ok

but If you hit, you see what type of damage u can make, thats the scary part...Even thats a small tin, or a box, or a doll or whatever you destroy...

Well it is good to experience may be, Like a MANLY thing! ( like how my previous animator friend says back in VV days)
MANLY!...