Sunday, February 24, 2008

WonderCon 2008


This weekend was WonderCon. I went to a couple sessions and had lunch at Ananda Fuara. Then I walked the floor with Kaan. We met up with Craig and Dan Tanguay - who was in town for the GDC. This year there were many more people than last year. The expo floor was crowded to the point of annoyance for me. On the bright side many more people were dressed up for the masquerade. I haven't been to the masquerade, but it must be quite the show to see with all the crazy costumes. Here are a couple pics:


Me and Gumby have been friends for a long time. This is the first time he has been taller than me.A friend of mine Chris James made this R2-D2 from scratch and hosted a session talking about how to build one for yourself. There's a big community of droid builders out there. It's pretty awesome to see a couple R2 units cruising around the show floor beeping and chirping at people.

More pics from the show on my flickr site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the pics on your flickr site! can't imagine having a bunch of r2s driving around! glad you had such a great time. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Gumby is super-cool! I remember all those little shorts, with Pokey and the Box-Heads!

Carrie